WakeUpNow Scam? Yes It Is In My Opinion!
The wakeupnow scam is one of the business opportunities that many of my subscribers have asked me to review. Currently wakeupnow is one of the top performers in the world of MLM. Let’s take a look at this “business opportunity”.
WakeUpNow Scam Claims:
A better life awaits!
Almost the whole world is asleep: everyone you know, everyone you see, everyone you talk to. Only a few people are awake—and they live in a state of constant total amazement! Learn the secret that changes how people see the world.
wakeupnow provides a tremendous home-based business opportunity where you can help friends find great deals and get paid for doing it. wakeupnow provides software solutions for a better life, allowing people to improve their lifestyle by paying less when they travel and shop. When you share the secret, you can make money too—you could be making money in your sleep! Saving money is making money.
Here is the reality of WakeUpNow Scam:
“The HUB is essentially a web-based search tool for finding deals”
You can purchase various levels of access to this HUB.
Silver 24.95 monthly
Gold 49.95 monthly
Platinum 99.95 monthly
I have an amazing tool like the hub as well that I get for free and it is called Google.
Saving money is not making money. Making money is when you invest money and you receive more money than you invested.
Visa does not endorse wakeupnow. The Visa prepaid cards provided by wakeupnow are provided by a company called Hyperwallet. Almost any company can provide Visa cards to their reps through Hyperwallet.
Here is some of what you can find on the HUB and where you can get it elsewhere on the internet:
- Vacation Discounts of 50%-90% – Free at http://www.priceline.com
- Lower priced condo discounts can be purchased from http://adventurezone.hitmktg.com/travelcards.php for $99 per year. You can compare the prices here for WUN http://wuncondo.hitmktg.com/hotweeks.php and here for AZ http://adventurezone.hitmktg.com/condos.php
- Grocery Coupons – Free at http://www.coupons.com/
- Exclusive Retail Shopping Discounts (Walmart, BestBuy, Macy’s & Over 1,000 Retailers) – Free at http://www.fatwallet.com/
- A 22% Discount on Verizon or AT&T Cell Phone Bill – Free discount you can receive depending on who you work for. Here are links to see if you qualify for the corporate discount AT&T or Verizon. Worth nothing when you can easily choose a cheaper carrier.
- 3 Free Magazine Subscriptions of Your Choice – Worth about $5 per month.
- Tax Bot: Created by former IRS training and current CPA and tax attorney Sandy Botkin, Taxbot is a iOS, Android and web application that keeps track of business spending. It is 100% IRS compliant and taps into your phone’s GPS system to track business miles driven as well as uses your phone’s camera to take pictures of receipts for filing purposes. – Worth $19.99 a month http://taxbot.com.
- Finance: A revolutionary program that integrates with your bank accounts and debt accounts and creates a plan to get out of debt in half the time. The top rated finance software by PC magazines is Mint and it is free. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344432,00.asp
- TellMeMore: Award winning language learning software used by the likes of Coca-Cola, Barclays, Adidas, Ford and other fortune 500 companies for training their employees to learn a new language. Worth $19.08 a month when you buy a CD set. http://store.tellmemore.com/.
- Invisus Protect: Whole identity monitoring and restoration services as well as virus protection for your PC. Worth $29.95 a month http://www.invisus.com/for_home.php
- Vacation bonus 1 week condo stay. Worth $20 a month. If you check the wakeupnow vacation hot deals, you can purchase a 1 week condo stay for as little as $120 a week.
- Awaken Energy Drink. Worth $0 a month. You can sell energy drinks both powdered and canned for no monthly fee as an Amazon Associate. Affiliate link examples: EcoDrink Energy Drink Mix and Hansen’s Diet Red Energy.
Total Value With Bonus: $94.02 a month.
wakeupnow charges for discounts that can in almost all cases be found online for free. They charge for software, magazines, and language learning tools that in almost all cases can be purchases individually without a monthly subscription. The really ridiculous payment you need to make is $100 additional to access the travel discounts. These discounts can be found online for free or purchased separately without a monthly wakeupnow subscription.
The reality is wakeupnow is not a secret. They are a marketing scheme to get you locked into a monthly fee by tying your compensation to this monthly fee.
They claim great value, but lets look at the numbers from their income statement and see what the market has to say about this great value.
For the people that are just selling wakeupnow to customers and not recruiting their average yearly income is $0.10. That is right ten cents. Talk about living your dreams! Update: 82% of people in wakeupnow are making ZERO dollars a year on average.
96% make on average $1,213.05 or less per year
99% make on average $7,605.13 or less per year
<1% make on average over $7,605.13 per year
For any company this income statement should be an embarrassment. In 2010 WakeUpNow lost over $379,000 on 1.11 Million in earnings. I was unable to find any financial information for this company after 2010. How long can this company last?
To give you a little perspective, below is the income you can expect when working at minimum wage at McDonald’s.
100% of McDonald’s full-time employees make almost double what 99% of wakeupnow IBO’s make a year: $15,080 annually.
100% of McDonald’s part-time employees make almost six times what 96% of wakeupnow IBO’s make a year: $7,540 annually.
Feel free to verify my facts from the wakeupnow 2013 Income disclosure. For those of you that think these numbers include people who are just customers please review the following note from the disclosure “Note that this (disclosure) excludes retail customers...”.
You can’t make significant income selling the wakeupnow product. You have to recruit to make even modest income.
Here is what the FTC has to say about this type of compensation plan:
But what about the requirement that you have at least 7 customers?
All IBOs must maintain a minimum of seven retail customers, but the reality is they allow you to use IBO’s at lower levels to fill the role of customers. These lower level IBOs are not customers. They are people just like you trying to make a living from wakeupnow.
There is a fake email from the FTC that is being used to convince people to join the wakeupnow scam. Below is an example of it.
Here is the reason this email is a fraud. In the email the FTC does not know that wakeupnow changed its name and has been around for a few years longer than 2009. Investors do and the FTC does also.
“The company was formerly known as Wordcraft Systems, Inc. and changed its name to Wake Up Now, Inc. in November 2010. Wake Up Now, Inc. was founded in 1967 and is based in Orem, Utah.”
Update: The Consumer Fraud division of the FTC has confirmed the email above is fake.
The WakeUpNow scam is a product-based pyramid scheme and should be avoided!
A lot of people from wakeupnow commented on my Vemma review, here is the income disclosure for Vemma. Vemma is a marketing scam, but they produce more income on average than wakeupnow.