Young Living And dōTERRA Ebola Scam
One of the common things you will see in the MLM world is incredible health claims about what their products can do. I have had Vemma reps from outside the United States claim that their family members have had diabetes and cancer cured by using Vemma products. In the United States it is illegal to make claims that your supplements can cure a disease.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration sent letters to two MLM companies Young Living And dōTERRA, warning them against marketing their products as possible treatments or cures for Ebola. When there is a health scare like Ebola, companies like to take advantage of the fear and make money. These companies or their paid representatives claimed that essential oils and other natural remedies could help prevent you from contracting the Ebola virus and in at least one instance, kill the Ebola virus.
Here is an example of how Young Living representatives were promoting their essential oils:
Your consultants promote many of your Young Living Essential Oil Products for conditions such as, but not limited to, viral infections (including ebola), Parkinson’s disease, autism, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, insomnia, heart disease, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), dementia, and multiple sclerosis, that are not amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment by individuals who are not medical practitioners. Consumers interested in your Young Living Essential Oil products are then redirected by your consultants to your website, http://www.youngliving.com, to purchase your products and/or register as members (i.e., consultants). – Source FDA
Here is how some dōTERRA representatives were promoting their essential oils:
Your consultants promote your dōTERRA Essential Oil products for conditions including, but not limited to, viral infections (including ebola), bacterial infections, cancer, brain injury, autism, endometriosis, Grave’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, tumor reduction, ADD/ADHD, and other conditions that are not amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment by individuals who are not medical practitioners. Moreover, your consultants redirect consumers to your website, www.doterra.com, to register as a customer or member (i.e., consultant), and to purchase your dōTERRA Essential Oil products. – Source FDA
Fight Your Virus with Essential Oils:
- Melaleuca: Melaleuca (also known as tea tree oil) has been clinically shown to inhibit the replication of the influenza virus. Some of melaleuca’s primary uses include . . . athlete’s foot . . . canker sores, chicken pox, cold sore, colds, flu, fungal infections, Herpes simplex, MRSA, shingles, warts and viral infections.
- Oregano: Oregano is effective in inactivating MNV (non-enveloped murine norovirus) within 1 hour of exposure. Some of the primary uses for oregano include athlete’s foot, candida, canker sores, Ebola virus, intestinal parasites, MRSA, ringworm, staph infection, viral infections, warts, and whooping cough.
- On Guard: On Guard is a blend of dōTERRA oils and it has been lab tested to decrease symptoms of the flu. Some of the primary uses of On Guard include antiviral, cold sores, colds, flu . . . infection, lupus, MRSA, pneumonia . . . and warts.
- Clove: Clove has been investigated on Herpes simplex and hepatitis C viruses and was found to be antiviral. Some of the primary uses of clove essential oil include candida, herpes simplex, lupus . . . viral infections, and warts.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus has demonstrated an ability to inhibit the Herpes simplex virus. Some of the primary uses for eucalyptus include Influenza, Measles, Neuralgia, Neuritis, Pneumonia, respiratory viruses rhinitis, shingles, sinusitis and tuberculosis.
Don’t fall for this common scam used by MLM supplement sellers. Representatives will make incredible health claims to take advantage of a health care scare like Ebola to sell products and recruit new representatives. It takes action by the FDA to get these scammers to stop making these claims.