TOP 10 Consumer Protection Websites
I thought it would be valuable to provide you with the top 10 consumer protection websites. These are websites you can report business scams and unfair practices to. Some of these websites will take action against the business you report.
Consumer protection is the practice of safeguarding buyers of goods and services, and the public, against unfair practices in the marketplace.
- Federal Trade Commission – ftc.gov
- State Consumer Protection Offices – usa.gov
- National Consumer League – fraud.org
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – bbb.org (Don’t trust their company ratings!)
- Consumer Reports – consumerreports.org
- FINRA – finra.org
- Clark Howard – clark.com
- Elliott Advocacy – elliott.org
- Truth In Advertising – truthinadvertising.org
- Consumer Watchdog – consumerwatchdog.org
I know I may have missed one of your favorite sites. Add yours to the comments so we can all increase our knowledge of what’s out there. This is mainly for the USA. If you would like to add some international sites, please do so in the comments below.